Andrew Wake | 31.12.11 05:04
Former world middleweight champion Jermain Taylor returned to
the ring after more than two years out and scored knockout of
Jessie Nicklow on Friday night.
Nicklow put up a gutsy effort but Taylor's sharper proved
decisive and the referee stepped in to stop the action 36 seconds
into round eight.
On the undercard, fellow Super Six contestant Andre Dirrell
blitzed Darryl Cunningham in two rounds.
TVAdmin | 31.12.11 10:35
2012 promises to be the biggest year so far in the professional
career of Matty Askin.
The unbeaten Blackpool cruiserweight is looking for title fights
in the New Year after making steady and sometimes spectacular
progress over the last twelve months.
In August Hatton TV's cameras captured Matty's latest triumph
against Argentina's Juan Manuel Garay. The fight was also shown
live on Eurosport as Matty's profile was given a big boost across
Europe and beyond.
TVAdmin | 30.12.11 11:00
After recently hearing that Felix has announced the date of his
next fight (April 13th) in Germany, I would like to make it known
that I have still not heard anything of a rematch. I
don't know whether their team have discussed opponents but I am
here Felix - ready and waiting.
Felix has been a great champion, but both me and him know that
night in Mannheim he did not beat me. Felix cannot beat me. He
knows I am the better fighter and so I am not expecting him to
TVAdmin | 29.12.11 05:11
Sheffield fight fans believe they have several top prospects for
2012 from the Steel City and no one is more poplular than Adam
"The Bomber" has carved out a six fight unbeaten pro record
since making his debut just over a year ago and is tipped for much
bigger honours in 2012.
Hatton TV was in Sheffield last month for Etches' latest fight
against Bulgaria's Daniel Borisov. Commentary is by Nigel
TVAdmin | 28.12.11 10:16
Erik Morales has pulled out of his world title defence next
month following surgery.
The fight with Danny Garcia was due to take place in Houston on
January 28 for Morales' WBC light-welterweight title. But in a
statement from promoters Golden Boy, Eric Gomez said "He's not
going to fight. He called me and told me the doctor said he feels
he needs a little more time to heal internally.
"He said the doctor said everything looks fine on the outside
but he needed more time. Could h...
TVAdmin | 28.12.11 01:24
Hatton TV has had a grreat year in 2011 with some amazing fights
shown live on the website & on our YouTube channel.
One of the highlights of the summer months was the eagerly
awaited rematch between former British Welterweight champion Craig
Watson & the man who won it from him, Colchester's Lee
The fight took place on Watson's home turf at Oldham Sports
Centre, live on YouTube. Here is a chance to enjoy the action once
again with Hatton TV
TVAdmin | 28.12.11 01:18
As the time of goodwill and celebration draws
ever nearer, we all look forward to sharing memorable moments; the
giving and receiving of heartfelt presents, a time of happiness and
joy despite the gruesome economy, the general feeling of
despondency, and the continuing conflicts across our planet.
In many neighbourhoods
of London - our world's only true international city along with New
York, but perhaps the most cosmopolitan and tolerant city on the
planet - we still have the mos...
Andrew Wake | 27.12.11 11:21
The Boxing Writers Association of America is pleased to announce
that Colin Hart has been chosen as the 2011 winner of the Nat
Fleischer award for "Excellence in Boxing Journalism." The vote was
conducted among past winners of the Fleischer award.
Hart, 76, becomes the first writer from England to win this award
and the third
Brit, after Hugh McIlvanney in 1986 and Ken Jones in 1992. The
first given by the BWAA in 1972, to Barney Nagler.
Hart has been covering box...
Andrew Wake | 26.12.11 11:32
Canadian promotional firm Interbox has revealed that it is in
negotiations with Eddie Hearn about a fight with IBF
super-middleweight champion Lucian Bute and Britain's Carl
"We are talking every day with the promoter of
Froch and currently we are working to establish an
agreement for two fights. The first would be held in Montreal
in April and the second in August, after the London Olympics,
possibly in a soccer stadium," Jean Bedard, head of InterBox,
Andrew Wake | 26.12.11 11:20
While he's in no way considering a return to the ring, former
super-middleweight ruler Joe Calzaghe believes he would have had
the skills to defeat current 12 stone top dog Andre Ward.
Calzaghe, who is the only super-middleweight to have ever held
all four major versions of the world title was impressed with
Ward's recent Super-Six victory of Carl Froch but believes his
style would have been too much for the flashy American.
"I think the way Ward fights would have suited me to be...