Andrew Wake | 14.05.13 10:52
ADAM LITTLE intends on stealing the show when he boxes on VIP
Promotions' card at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool on June 7.
The Kirkham prospect, 22, has been out of action since last
October due to a hand injury, but after undergoing surgery he is
keen to make up for lost time.
"This fight is a big thing for me and I'm really looking forward
to showing people what I can do with two hands," he said.
"People do know I've had an injury and my performances haven't
been as good a...
Andrew Wake | 06.05.13 05:10
See Adam Little's stunning first round stoppage of Martin Shaw
from early last year.
Andrew Wake | 17.04.13 10:50
Carson Jones has offered to step in and face IBF welterweight
champion Devon Alexander following Kell Brook's withdrawal.
Sheffield's Brook was forced to pull out on Monday after
suffering a foot injury in training. It was the third time that the
fight had to be delayed.
Jones, who gave the unbeaten Brit the toughest fight of
his career last July, says he is prepared to take his place and
square off with Alexander on May 18.
"I know a lot of guys are calling out Alexander and ...
Andrew Wake | 16.04.13 11:23
Sheffield's Kell Brook has seen his world title challenge
against Devon Alexander postponed for the third time.
'The Special One' has injured his right foot in training
and has been ruled out of the clash scheduled for May
"Following a specialist review and investigations over the
last ten days he has been diagnosed with a stress fracture of his
right fourth metatarsal and a further injury of his right
navicular, both of which require on-going treatment including
Andrew Wake | 09.04.13 08:07
Kell Brook's much delayed world title challenge against IBF
welterweight champion Devon Alexander will take place in Atlantic
City on May 18.
The clash has been pushed back twice due to both men
suffering injuries in training, but now it seems Sheffield's Brook
will finally get his chance.
Kell Brook will challenge Devon Alexander for the IBF
welterweight title at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on May
18, live on Sky Sports.
"It's been a frustrating wait for the fight to...
Andrew Wake | 21.03.13 09:17
Shane Mosley will return to action this spring.
"Sugar", 41, hung up his gloves last June, but announced
he was coming back to the sport in January when a clash with Paulie
Malignaggi was mooted.
He will face Pablo Cesar Cano at Fox Deportes in Cancun,
Mexico on May 18.
"I'm happy to get back in the ring competing,"
Mosley told Espn.com."This can put me back in contention to
fight for another world title."
Mosley's last fight saw him lose a wide decision to
Andrew Wake | 11.03.13 10:37
Former welterweight contender Tony Martin has been murdered in
the Hunting Park district of Philadelphia.
The 52-year-old, who boxed the likes of Micky Ward and
Julio Cesar Chavez in a 12 year professional career, was shot while
he was attempting to collect rent from a property he
Police are currently searching for a suspect.
Martin's niece Robyn Peete, told the Associated Press: "He
was a very good landlord as far as giving breaks to his tenants.
It's just a matter of...
Andrew Wake | 28.02.13 12:03
Kell Brook's world title fight with IBF welterweight champion
Devon Alexander looks likely to take place in Washington, DC on May
The pair were originally due to meet in Detroit on January
19, but an ankle injury sustained by Brook cause the clash to be
pushed back until February 23.
However, that date was scrapped when Alexander suffered an
"I think 18 May is the likely date, we're just waiting for
confirmation," Eddie Hearn, Brook's promoter, told BBC Radio
Andrew Wake | 22.02.13 10:50
ADAM LITTLE is confident he'll be able to make a major impact in
the welterweight division when he returns to action this
The Ricky Hatton-trained prospect, 22, is currently recovering
after having surgery to rectify a persistent hand injury and he
feels he'll show a different side to his game when gets back into
Firstly he's targeting a shot at the Central Area crown, but he
believes the sky is the limit.
"For the majority of last year I impressed people bu...
Andrew Wake | 04.02.13 10:03
Kell Brook's world title challenge against Devon Alexander has
been delayed for a second time due to the champion sustaining an
The pair were due to meet in Detroit on the 23rd of this month, but the
American was forced to pull out after suffering the injury in
"We received news from Golden Boy Boxing that Devon
Alexander has pulled out of the fight due to a
bicep injury. We will have a new date asap," Brook's promoter Eddie
Hearn said on Twitter.