Andrew Wake | 21.03.13 09:29
Jon Kays isn't fazed knowing his attributes will be assessed and
his flaws focused on when he boxes Abdul Rashid at the Leeds Town
Hall on March 22.
Appearing on the undercard of Josh Warrington's first English
title defence against Jamie Speight, Jon's performance will be
scrutinised by an interested observer.
Gary Sykes, the newly crowned English super-featherweight king,
will be at ringside to run the rule over Kays, knowing that '2
Smokes' will be the first challenger ...
Andrew Wake | 21.03.13 09:17
Shane Mosley will return to action this spring.
"Sugar", 41, hung up his gloves last June, but announced
he was coming back to the sport in January when a clash with Paulie
Malignaggi was mooted.
He will face Pablo Cesar Cano at Fox Deportes in Cancun,
Mexico on May 18.
"I'm happy to get back in the ring competing,"
Mosley told Espn.com."This can put me back in contention to
fight for another world title."
Mosley's last fight saw him lose a wide decision to
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 11:55
Denis Lebedev will make the second defence of his WBA
cruiserweight crown former titlist Guillermo Jones in Moscow on May
17, promoter Don King has announced.
Jones was stripped of the title last year and became "champion
in recess" after a sustained period of inactivity.
"My Russian co-promoters named the fight, 'The One Will Stand,'
and it will be from Russia with love," King said.
"This is a gigantic promotion between Russia and Panama and I
want to thank Andrey Ryabinsky f...
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 11:41
The all-Canadian clash between former world title holders Lucian
Bute and Jean Pascal will be held at the Bell Centre in Montreal on
May 25, promoters InterBox and GYM have confirmed.
Romania-native Bute and Pascal, who was born in Haiti,
have both lived for several years in the Montreal suburb of Laval,
Quebec and consider the Bell Centre their home venue.
The 33-year-old Bute (31-1, 24 KOs) captured the
International Boxing Federation (IBF) super middleweight title in
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 11:32
Former British champions Craig
Watson and David Barnes will meet in a Manchester derby at the
city's Bowlers venue on June 1.
The fight pitches two boxers
against each other who cannot afford to lose and promoter Dave
Coldwell is expecting a hard fought contest.
"It seems that every time we
can go to Manchester we put on a top main event and this time is no
different as we give boxing fans a terrific derby between two
fighters who really can't afford to lose," he said.
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 11:00
Kent heavyweight Tom Dallas is the latest fighter to sign a
promotional deal with Goodwin Promotions.
Dallas now represents a trio of heavyweights under the Goodwin
umbrella alongside Ian Lewison (promotional and managerial) and AJ
Dallas has won 16 of his 19 fights and last fought in
Prizefighter in June 2012.
After winning his first 16 fights he took a short notice fight
against David Price which in hindsight was the wrong thing to do.
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 10:52
According to reports, David Haye will return to action on July
It will be the Londoner's first fight since his hugely
controversial clash with Dereck Chisora at Upton Park last
The "Haymaker" had hoped to get a shot at WBC heavyweight
champion Vitali Klitschko but appears unlikely as the giant
Ukrainian is now looking to press forwards with his political
Vitali's younger brother Wladimir is also unlikely to
offer Haye a rematch as he has a May 4 engagement...
Andrew Wake | 20.03.13 11:39
Josh Wale interviews stablemate Matthew "Buster" Mallin. Watch
out for a funny ending.
Andrew Wake | 19.03.13 11:21
WBC lightweight champion and rising star Adrien Broner was
arrested outside a nightclub in Miami, Florida last night.
According to reports, the 23-year-old got into a fight
with a fellow reveller and then bit a security guard who attempted
Shortly after posting bail, Broner posted his police
mugshot on Twitter.
"They tried to keep a nigga locked down in MIA," Broner
Today the boxer apologised to his fans on the same social
Andrew Wake | 19.03.13 11:06
Robert Guerrero has moved his training camp to Las Vegas
six-and-a-half weeks before his massive showdown with pound for
pound great Floyd Mayweather Jnr.
He has already completed four weeks of intensive training
close to his home in Kilroy, California.
"Las Vegas is my home now and these next six weeks of
training will be very gruelling, but I'm well prepared to make the
sufficient sacrifices that will be needed to dethrone Mayweather,"
"The first day of...